What is Green School English?
Green School English offers full-time, immersive and holistic English language learning experiences for international students and local students. Green School English programs encompass classroom learning of integrated language skills, as well as experiential learning components that connect students with nature, provide service learning opportunities, and offer exposure to practical skills building and outdoor adventure.
Green School English courses draw on the rich cultural and natural environment of the locality and offer a bridge for students learning English to apply for enrollment as full-time members of the internationally acclaimed community of learners at Green School Bali.
Who can Apply for Green School English?
- 6-10 years of age at time of enrolment
- At beginner to lower intermediate level of English language proficiency
- Aiming to achieve a sufficient level of English to enter international school
- Seeking an alternative to a text-and-test oriented traditional classroom learning experience
- Open to a transformative learning experience in a natural environment with limited screen time
Green School English 2019 Dates
Students may enroll for a full semester of GSE or choose to attend any number of blocks they are available for. For example a student may enter GSE in Semester 1, Block 2 and 3.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Block 1||Aug 8th – Sept 6th||Feb 17th – Mar 13th|
|Block 2||Sept 9th – Oct 4th||Mar 16th – Apr 24th|
|Block 3||Oct 21st – Nov 15th||Apr 27th – May 22nd|
|Block 4||Nov 18th – Dec 19th||May 25th – Jun 19th|
|Full Semester||Augs 8th – Dec 19th||Feb 17th – Jun 19th|
|Green School English @ Green Camp||TBA||Jan 16-22, 2020 & Jan 30 – Feb 5, 2020|
Why Green School English?
Green School English is like no other English Course because it is …
- Holistic: day-to-day learning incorporates Green School, Bali’s “3 Frames of Learning” framework
- Experiential: abundant opportunities to learn by doing and apply English language learning to real-life scenarios
- Nature immersion: learning occurs on a lush tropical campus in bamboo classrooms with no windows or walls providing incidental and direct opportunities to connect with nature
- Relevant: learning components develop valuable practical skills including intercultural understanding, collaboration, presentation, and entrepreneurial
- Language immersive: English is the common language of the Green School community
Green School English @ Green Camp
Green School English @ Green Camp is an intensive 7 day English language and experiential learning adventure for students aged 8-14. Set in the jungle on the internationally acclaimed Green School campus, Green School English @ Green Camp offers a learning experience which will engage young minds and bodies in both immersive English language learning and outdoor adventure.
Green School English Immersion Courses
Green School English is an immersive English program for international students who want to focus on their English language skills. Offered in two semesters from April-August and August-December, semesters consist of four 4-week blocks. Students can enrol for a full semester or any number of blocks they are available for.