What is Green School English?
Green School English offers full-time, immersive and holistic English language learning experiences for international students and local students. Green School English programs encompass classroom learning of integrated language skills, as well as experiential learning components that connect students with nature, provide service learning opportunities, and offer exposure to practical skills building and outdoor adventure. Green School English courses draw on the rich cultural and natural environment of the locality and offer a bridge for students learning English to apply for enrollment as full-time members of the internationally acclaimed community of learners at Green School Bali.
Green School English supports the Kul Kul Connection, Green School’s Community Integration Program, that connects the international community of Green School with the local community of Sibangkaja. Established in 2013, Kul Kul Connection engages with over 300 local students annually through an after-school English and Sustainability learning programme at Green School Bali through the Trash for Class programme. Students pay for this programme with 5 kg of recyclable trash per semester saving tons of waste from local waterways, beaches and oceans.
All profits from Green School English go towards Green School’s Kul Kul Connection program.
Who can Apply for Green School English?
- 9-14 years of age at time of enrolment
- At an upper beginner to lower intermediate level of English language proficiency
- Aiming to achieve a sufficient level of English to enter international school
- Seeking an alternative to a text-and-test oriented traditional classroom learning experience
- Open to a transformative learning experience in a natural environment with limited screen time
Open Enrollment for July 30 – Dec 14, 2018
Why Green School English?
Green School English is like no other English Course because it is …
- Holistic: day-to-day learning incorporates Green School Bali’s “3 Frames of Learning” framework
- Experiential: abundant opportunities to learn by doing and apply English language learning to real-life scenarios
- Nature immersion: learning occurs on a lush tropical campus in bamboo classrooms with no windows or walls providing incidental and direct opportunities to connect with nature
- Relevant: learning components develop valuable practical skills including intercultural understanding, collaboration, presentation, and entrepreneurial
- Language immersive: English is the common language of the Green School community
What You’ll Walk Away With
- Fluency in English language skills sufficient to enter international schools
- Engagement as a full-time member of the internationally acclaimed community of learners at Green School Bali.
- A once-of-a-lifetime English learning experience on the bamboo campus in the jungle of Bali
- A new and transformative way of looking at learning, more equipped to engage in an international educational setting and confident in your unique skills and interests
- Plenty of experience as a team player with presentation and collaborative learning skills