Join our Team
Open Recruitment for Academic Year 2016-2017
Green School, Bali, a progressive, dynamic K-12 international school,
awarded “Greenest School on Earth”, is currently looking for new team members to
Join Green School to change education now to help change the world!
We are looking for talented teachers, with a clear commitment to helping in “making our world sustainable”
Our Current Openings are:
- English Language Learning Teacher & Coordinator
- Green Studies Teacher/Adviser
- Humanities/Interdisciplinary Studies Middle & High School
- Indonesian Math Teacher Middle & High School
- Learning Support Teacher
- Performing Arts Teacher/Teaching Artist – Primary School
- Primary School Teacher (Grades 1-5)
- Visual & Practical Art Teacher MS/HS
We also encourage anyone interested to support our school to apply to our volunteering and internship programmes. Have a look at our Volunteering & Internship page to learn more about what the programmes have to offer.
If you are interested to get updated with our newest job openings, subscribe to our job listing.
WHO ARE WE?
- A progressive, English language K-12 school, in its 8th year
- A wall-less, all natural learning environment, awarded “Greenest School on Earth”
- A multicultural community of about 400 students
- An involved and committed parent body
- With a professional, dynamic, young faculty with a purpose
OUR REWARDING BENEFITS
- Practice and help invent progressive education while enjoying the freedom, independence and inspirational intellectual environment money can’t buy
- Up your game through peer training, exposure to hugely inspirational visitors and community members, and a professional growth programme focusing on sustainability and progressive education
- Competitive salary, housing allowance, and health insurance
OUR HIRING PROCESS
We intentionally conduct a rigorous hiring process, as we want to be absolutely confident that we are hiring the best educators to serve our students – ones who will thrive at Green School and in Bali; who are adaptable and resilient; who are collaborative and professional; who are “green” and passionate about causes; and who are committed to lifelong learning. We also strive to conduct an inclusive process that involves many stakeholders, which reflects our commitment to operate as a collaborative community. During this hiring process, we hope that successful applicants learn as much about us as we learn about them, and we hope that they are as certain that Green School is right for them as we are that they are right for Green School.
The process includes the following stages and steps:
- Online application (linked from the job title above), including several free-response questions and submission of a short video
- Paper screening to identify the best applicants to advance in the process
- Two initial formal interviews with members of our management team
- A 7-10 day period during which
- You submit copies of your degrees and credentials for us to check with Indonesian officials to assure you meet minimum qualifications
- You complete a personality assessment
- We complete reference checks
- We invite you to participate in 4-7 informal 30-minute interviews with parents, teachers, a board member, and an Indonesian staff member
- We provide an rare opportunity to chat with Green School co-founder John Hardy
- A final interview, if needed
- Formal offer and contracting
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; Green School Bali respects and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity working environment. All positions of employment are dependent on comprehensive criminal background checks and the fulfillment of Indonesian employment laws. Thank you to all applicants for your interest in Green School.